Spider Solitaire and Hearts from Vista/Windows 7

I recently bought a new HP Envy computer with Windows 8 (previously Vista) and updated my Windows 7 HP laptop to Windows 8.    

I would like to know how I get back my Spider Solitaire & Hearts card games from Windows 7 and Vista.  This is very annoying to me.  The version on Windows 8 is terrible.  This was so convenient on my desktop.  I see the files still on my Windows 7 laptop that was upgraded, but I cannot get them to work. 

Is it possible to purchase these same games for Windows 8?  Since my XP computer many, many years ago these were always incorporated in my PC.

PLEASE bring them back... 

Susan

Question Info

Last updated July 30, 2019 Views 23,736 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
 Here are some further steps you can follow.

Step 1

First you need to copy all the games to some removable drive such as Pen Drive.

So, navigate to "C:\Program Files\" and copy the Microsoft Games folder from there into the removable drive or disk.

Step 2

Now, go down to the "C:\Windows\System32\" location on your Windows 7 and copy the .dll files of the games as well.

Step 3

Now go to the Windows 8 system and navigate to the location at "C:\Program Files\" and paste the Microsoft Games folder into it.

Step 4

Paste all the .dll files in the Microsoft Games folder.

Now, your work is done.
M.Adeel

12 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.