solitaire on win 8 no longer runs

Hi I've loaded and played Microsoft Solitaire through Xbox games on windows 8 but now for some reason the icon has now disappeared from Metro. So I downloaded mahjong which plays no problem but I can now access the xbox games section to see the games I have played and my achievements etc and MS Solitaire is there and I can click on the game which then starts to load but when it get to the options screen it crashes and goes back to the Metro screen. I can't reload it because windows says I own it. So I should think something is corrupted. So my question is this how do I uninstall solitaire to reinstall it when I haven't got an icon to click on? Can I uninstall it manually?
Answer
Answer
Solution: I went into regedit and did a repeated search for "solitaire" and deleted every key folder that mentioned it (took quite a bit of time) and then any folders on the "C" drive that pertained to it. I then ran Mahjong, when the options/history page came up I was able to sign in to Xbox games up in the top right-hand corner then clicked on "Windows Games Store" clicked on Solitaire, clicked "Play" computer then had a look couldn't find any mention of the game and went to the Microsoft Store then comes up with a page all about the game with a line saying that I own this I was a bit flummoxed at this point of where to go but I clicked on the screen with the right-hand mouse button and from the top of the screen came a menu saying "Home" and "My account" click on "My account" it then shows the games you own I then clicked on Solitaire and a tick appeared on the picture when to the bottom of the screen and clicked "Install". Job done!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 9, 2019 Views 1,947 Applies to: