Question about Games in Windows 8, where to find Windows games?

I installed Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation X64 And No Games On It (spider Solitaire ,Freecell ,Mahjong titans , Chess titans , hearts  And Solitaire)

Is There Any Way To Install These Games? Or Windows 8 Would Not Have These Games Any Way?

Question Info

Last updated October 6, 2019 Views 44,676 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Microsoft has removed those games from Windows 8 by design. But these can be downloaded and installed from here:  http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/33814-Microsoft-Games-for-Windows-8. Scroll down to link, you will also need an App to unzip the file. You can download one from App store. I use Unpacker and it is free.  They install flawlessly and run the same as on Win 7. Hope this helps and if you have any other issues or questions post and we will be glad to help you solve them

The above opinion is mine and mine alone and doesn't necessarily reflect those of Microsoft, it's employees, or any other member of this forum

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
I installed Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation X64 And No Games On It (spider Solitaire ,Freecell ,Mahjong titans , Chess titans , hearts  And Solitaire)

Is There Any Way To Install These Games? Or Windows 8 Would Not Have These Games Any Way?

Hi

Here is the easiest way to find anything in the Windows 8 Store.

Open the Store app.

Press WinKey+Q to display the Search Charm.

Type the name of the app or game (examples:  Hearts, Solitaire, Chess, etc) and press the Search Icon.

In the results, you will get a variety of different games for each search.

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.