Need for Speed pro Street game is not compatible with Windows 8

Original Title : Older games

I have been running the Need for Speed ProStreet game on Windows 8 just fine.  I am suddenly getting the message: not compatible with installed operating system and the game has just stopped running altogether? Anyway I can fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2019 Views 22,075 Applies to:

Hi Anneck,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community forums.

I understand that you are unable to run Need for speed pro Street game in Windows 8 Computer.

Need for Speed pro Street game is not compatible with Windows 8, refer to the link given below.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/ProductViewerWithDefaultFilters?TempOsid=win8&Locale=en-us&TextSearch=Need%2Bfor%2BSpeed%2BProStreet&Type=Both&CurrentPage=0&TotalPages=1&ShowCriteria=0&SortCriteria=Relevance&Compatibility=Unknown&LastRequested=14

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below to install the game in Windows 7 Compatibility mode.

Install the game in Compatibility mode.

Download the game from manufacturer’s website, If Windows 8 compatible game is not available; you can install Windows 7 compatible game in compatibility mode. Follow these steps:

Note: Download the latest version of the game from the Manufacturer’s website and save it on to the Desktop.

a)      Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.

b)      Type compatibility in the search box and then press enter.

c)      Click “Run programs made for previous versions of Windows” option from the list appeared in the left side.

d)      Select the game and install.

Also refer to the link given below.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Hope the information helps, if you any further queries or any queries related to Windows, feel free to post. We will be glad to assist you.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The game ran just fine on Windows 8 to start off with.  Only now has the incompatibility issue come up...  Why would the game run in the first place and then suddenly stop working three days later?

Thanks.

Hi Anneck,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community forums.

I understand that you are unable to run Need for speed pro Street game in Windows 8 Computer.

Need for Speed pro Street game is not compatible with Windows 8, refer to the link given below.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/ProductViewerWithDefaultFilters?TempOsid=win8&Locale=en-us&TextSearch=Need%2Bfor%2BSpeed%2BProStreet&Type=Both&CurrentPage=0&TotalPages=1&ShowCriteria=0&SortCriteria=Relevance&Compatibility=Unknown&LastRequested=14

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below to install the game in Windows 7 Compatibility mode.

Install the game in Compatibility mode.

Download the game from manufacturer’s website, If Windows 8 compatible game is not available; you can install Windows 7 compatible game in compatibility mode. Follow these steps:

Note: Download the latest version of the game from the Manufacturer’s website and save it on to the Desktop.

a)      Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.

b)      Type compatibility in the search box and then press enter.

c)      Click “Run programs made for previous versions of Windows” option from the list appeared in the left side.

d)      Select the game and install.

Also refer to the link given below.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Hope the information helps, if you any further queries or any queries related to Windows, feel free to post. We will be glad to assist you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, i also have same issue with 1st questioner, and already did the method you described above, about Compatibility Troubleshooter, i do use Recommended settings and these custom setting, such  run in Windows 7, Windows Vista SP2, Windows XP Sp3, compatibility mode OS option, and also Run as administrators option checked (enabled), None of them is work, and always show below notification via message box :

"This application is not compatible with the installed operating system.
Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better."

What i cannot understand until now is , Why in 1st install via Origin purchase download, the game Run and Playable, and 1 played several race, until it suddenly stop responding, so i restart my PC, then voila... above mysterious notification shown every time i try to run the games, and of course the games is not Run at all. Is this really compatibility issue ?

It would be gratefully if somebody could help this out...

Best regards
Best Regards

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I would suggest perform a clean boot and try installing the game. A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Perform Clean Boot.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows 8 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Important: Reset the computer to start as usual.

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to boot to normal startup.

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b) In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

c) On the ‘General’ tab, click the ‘Normal Startup’ option, and then click ‘OK’.

d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click ‘Restart’.

If the issue persist, I would suggest you to contact the game support regarding this issue.

http://support.ea.com/

If you have any further queries, feel free to post. We will be glad to assist you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well tried that but in every mode I tried game still crashes about 10 sec after entering main menu. I am running the game on a latest patch.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, just thing that you have to do, reinstall game and enter where you installed the game.

for example: "C>Program Files>Electronic Arts>Need for Speed Pro Street"

then find "nfs.exe"

right click>rename

"change the name of exe file as you wish."

mine is "nfss.exe"

I hope i can help you.

Have a nice day.

Sorry this didn't help.

it doesnt work with windows 10 either is there a way round this

Sorry this didn't help.