Issues with GTA IV on Windows 8

My problem is not with installation or running. Installation was smooth and the game runs nice as well.

But I have certain problems while In-Game.

• Sometimes my game starts lagging
  • It freezes
  • The Screen goes white
  • Sometimes my game closes entirely and I get a error. 'GTA IV FATAL ERROR: RESC10'
The image above is what I get in the dialogue box when my game closes. After I Hit the 'OK' button, the dialogue box disappears and GTA IV stops working / responding and I have to close it as well.

This is my major problem. Ive been tweet to @WindowsSupport for help and they are all excellent and quick is replying but noone of their solutions seem to help. I'll blame the twitter's 140 characters or less for that.

In one of their tweet they asked me to Update the patch. I downloaded the Patch v7 and Installed it.

It removed Social Club and removed some devices (as i read on the installation dialogue box)

Then when I try to start the game I get another error.

I would like to add something.

I use the RAZOR1911 thing in order to not use my CD always cause MY CD drive is most of the time used to read the videos I have to edit (I am an editor)

Question Info

Last updated November 24, 2019 Views 6,184 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I just came here to let y'all know, that the problem I had is now done.

I have a solution.

I spoke to one of my friend who is a game designer and according to him these problems show up as per graphics issues. But I dont expect any System issues as I am on a 8GB RAM and 2GB GC.

Now the possible solutions were to reduce the pressure on my system. I used a commandline for that.
"-nomemrestrict
-novblank
-renderquality 0
-shadowdensity 0
-texturequality 0
-viewdistance 1
-detailquality 1
-percentvidmem 2050
-noprecache -dx9
-safemode
-availablevidmem 2.6
-noprecache
-nomemresctrict
-minspecaudio
-refreshrate 60
-framelimit 1
-memrestriction"
(found on the internet)

And in the game I switched the texture and render quality to Medium and that did the job.

Now I dont have any of those problems. Today I played for like 2 hours straight and had none of those issues.

Thank you Tadasha for the reply, i appreciate your help. Thank you to the Windows Support Team on Twitter aswell, you guys do a pretty good job there.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.