Issues While playing Microsoft Flight Simulator X game on Windows 8

Original Title: FSX baulks & jerks on Win 8 was OK on Win 7 any suggestions ?

Tried compatibility (Win 7 & SP) but no go  tried to install Direct X 9 again but installer only allows latest version

Hi,

It looks like you are having a tough time as you are unable to play the game ‘Microsoft Flight Simulator X’ properly as there are performance issues on the computer.

Let me gather some information:

1) Are you trying to play the game or install it?
2) Do you receive any error message?
3) Did you get a prompt to install the DirectX 9.0 while playing the game?
4) What is the version of Microsoft Flight Simulator X game that you are trying to play?

I would like to tell you that the compatibility of this game depends on the version as some of the versions seems to be compatible, while some other are not and some of them have no information
on Windows compatibility center. Refer to the link:

Further adding some information to this issue, Windows 8 has built-in DirectX 11.0. You can refer to the link to get the details:

You can refer to the link to troubleshoot issues on Microsoft Flight Simulator:

For further assistance, I would suggest you to contact the support team for Microsoft Flight Simulator X:

Do get back to us if you have more queries on Windows.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Many thanks for your help.  I am using FSX Gold with Acceleration which was installed & worked perfectly on Win 7.

After upgrading to Win 8, the sound "stutters" when loading the program, & after loading it, the picture stops & starts, every few minutes, as if the frame rate was very low, or there was insufficient memory.

The computer runs at 4.2 GHz & there is 8 GB memory - Graphics card is GTX560Ti & all drivers are up to date.

I am aware that Win 8 has DirectX 11, & that FSX supposedly runs better on DirectX 9, but the installer will only use the latest version, & I don't know how to make FSX change back to the 9 version which I used before.

I will try your suggestions.

Thanks again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the identical problem with Win 8.1 especially after the last essential upgrades to windows. It has got so bad that I am looking at a second hand spare machine under Vista to run it 

My set up is an Intel Core i5 4430 3 Ghz  processor 8Gb Ram with a GE Force GT 640 video card. 

Any suggestions?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 303 Applies to: