Question
Applies to

How can I get the Windows 7 game package to play in Windows 8?

BarbaraMaierhofer asked on

The Windows 7 game package does not work in Windows 8. What can I do to get these games to play in Windows 8?

Moved from feedback

Original title: Program Programs Compatibility Application Applications

138 people had this question

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
Mohammad _ Imran replied on

Hi BarbaraMaierhofer,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

From your issue description, I understand that you want to play Windows 7 games on Windows 8 computer. Please let me know if I have misunderstood the issue. Let’s try these steps in order to fix the issue.

In order to provide you with a resolution, please reply to this question:

Are you referring to Windows 7 default games?

The default games were present on Windows 7 are not there in Windows 8 anymore. However if you want to play such games then you need to download the same from Windows Store.

Try the steps below to search for those games and install:

a.       Switch to the Start screen. Click on Store tile to open Windows Store.

b.      Once the Store is open, under Spotlight, you will see apps. Click on Got apps? Tile, to view the full list of apps that ship with Windows 8.

c.       Click or tap on the app that you want to install. This action will open details page, where you can see features, release notes, and reviews.

d.      On the left-pane (on details page), you will see Install button. Click on Install button to begin installing the app. You are done!

If the issue persists, post your reply with results. We are happy to assist you further with advanced troubleshooting steps!

12 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress