age of empires III game Compatibility Application for windows 8. game will not run. have reinstalled twice and still same problem-compatibilty with windows 8

• Age of empires III, asked before i bought this game, was told by someone within Microsoft that age of empires III would run with windows 8, not so. Does anyone know of an update or fix??
|

Hi,

Thank you for choosing windows 8 and giving us an opportunity to help you.

From the description, I understand that you are unable to run Age of empires III on your Windows 8 computer.

1. Are you getting any error message when you try to run the game?
2. Have you made any recent changes to the computer?

You can refer to the link mentioned below to check the compatibility of the game with Windows 8.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/ProductViewerWithDefaultFilters?TempOsid=win8&Locale=en-us&TextSearch=Age%2Bof%2Bempires%2BIII&Type=Both&CurrentPage=0&TotalPages=1&ShowCriteria=0&SortCriteria=Relevance&Compatibility=Unknown&LastRequested=14

I suggest you to place the computer in clean boot and then try to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Place the computer in clean boot and check if the issue persists. You may follow the article mentioned to perform a clean boot.

Perform a Clean Boot
Follow the instructions (Step 1 for Windows 8) given in this link to perform a clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow these steps to return the computer to Normal startup mode.

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.
b) In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.
c) On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click ock.
d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart

Method 2:

You can follow the link given below to install the game in compatibility mode.

What is program compatibility?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-program-compatibility

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Hope it helps.

If the issue with Age of empires III persists or if you face any Windows issues in future, let us know and we would be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm trying to install from my game disks and Windows 8 won't even see the .exe file on the disk, so the above steps don't work.  Very disappointed.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been trying for week. to no success , very fed up . Loss off time and money

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm fed up tooooo - I DONT want to upgrade to Windows 8.1 and this is what it keeps on telling me to do!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm noticing that 3 people have let you know that the issue with Age of Empires III is persisting.  Did you get back to them?  Is Age of Empires III compatible with Windows 8.1? I tried the solution you suggested but I got nowhere.  Is there a phone number so I can speak with someone at normal conversation speed (rather than at chat speed)? If this game isn't compatible, I need to return it and get my money back before my opportunity closes.  

Thanks,

Elisa 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 28, 2020 Views 4,170 Applies to: