Age of Empires 3 not Installing - error code: 1628: Failed to complete Installation

Original title: Age of Empires 3 not Installing period on my windows 8

Whenever I try to run it I get the menu of the game where it says to install when I click install it stops and goes to an error code: 1628: Failed to complete Installation. I also tried going to D: drive to look at the files and did the ran the file called windowsInstaller-KB839803-x86 and get a setup error saying Not enough storage is available to process this command. I really need advice as this game worked on my old dell running windows xp. but not a 2012 computer running a new firmware windows 8 come on... -_-

Question Info

Last updated August 8, 2018 Views 28,640 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Chris,

The game is shown as compatible with Windows 8. Follow these methods to resolve the issue:

Method 1:

Try to install the game in clean boot mode to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Note: After troubleshooting, see the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to return the computer to a Normal startup mode.

Method 2:

You may try to install the game in compatibility mode:

a. Right click on setup file.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Click on Compatibility tab.

d. Put a check mark on Run this program in compatibility mode for.

e. Select Windows 7.

f. Put a check mark on Run this program as an administrator under Privilege Level.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to Unregister and re-register the Windows Installer to resolve the issue with installer:

a.     Click Start, click Run, type “MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER” without quotes, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

b.    Click Start, click Run, type “MSIEXEC /REGSERVER” without quotes, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.

c.     Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Let us know the results.

Rohit S

58 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.