Windows 8 shows a "media server" under My Computer but I cant add anything to it

I have been playing with Windows 8 for the past couple of weeks as it came preinstalled on a new computer that I just purchased. I purchased the computer mainly for video editing and to stream media to my WD TV Live media player. I have noticed that under My Computer it lists two sub drives for the C drive labelled as media servers for both myself and for my wifes login. There is one video listed under both "media servers" that was placed there when I installed video editing software Pinnacle Studios 14. It is a demo video for that software. I cannot add anything to the media drives and what is installed on this drive is the only thing my WD TV Live media player sees (i.e. the Pinnacle Studios demo video). I am assuming that this media drive is where I need to add my media so that it can be streamed to the WD TV Live but how do I do this? When I try to drag and drop media to this drive it gives me the red crossed out circle. I have tried rendering straight to this media drive but the media ends up on the desktop instead.
|

Hi,

Thank you for post on Windows Community Forum.

From the issue description, it appears that you are not able to add anything to the media drives to a drive.

I would suggest you to post the question on this link :

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Live-Plus-Media/ct-p/wdtvlive

Hope the information helps to resolve the issue.

Please revert for any clarification on any Windows issue. We will be glad to help you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Great, thank you!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Typical MS response -- make it someone else's problem. I recently upgraded to Win 8 and have the same problem streaming video to by Sony Bluray player. The videos in my Win media player at the time of upgrade stream okay, but I can't add anything new, and have found little information about this "problem" any where.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Typical MS response -- make it someone else's problem. I recently upgraded to Win 8 and have the same problem streaming video to by Sony Bluray player. The videos in my Win media player at the time of upgrade stream okay, but I can't add anything new, and have found little information about this "problem" any where.

...yep, that's how they respond if someone ask for help...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have no idea what the deal is... I have same problem.  but I think it has to do with my Netgear Genie app that works with my Netgear router.  do you have a netgear router?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 12, 2019 Views 1,781 Applies to: