Windows 8 move program files from SSD to HDD

Hi,

I have just purchased a new computer, it has 2 hard drives. one is a 32 GB SSD which was meant for Windows OS only and the other is a 500 GB HDD which was for all other files and programs.

Now Because my SSD is the default drive; the Program files, Program Files (x86) and the users folder are all located on C:. this meaning that when I install a program and am not prompted to select a destination folder (like Office 365), it will automatically end up on C: instead of D:. Is it possible for me to relocate these 3 folders from the C: to the D: drive.

Running WINDOWS 8

Could anyone please help me with this issue.

Thank you,

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2019 Views 1,117 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Your computer manufacturer's support site should help you with this. Normally a 32 GB ssd drive does not contain the OS since it is too small. It just acts as a cache for recent files to speed up the computer and it is not usually Drive C. 

To "see" your drives, open Disk Management and that will give you a better idea how the drives are setup. Shortcut Keys to access disk management are Windows key + X. Contact the computer's Support techs or ask about this in their forums. Don't move anything without getting help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.