Windows 8 File Explorer search tools disappear when viewing temporary internet files

Windows 8 file explorer search tools disappear when viewing temporary internet files created by Internet Explorer 10.

I.e. when viewing MyName > AppData > Local > Microsoft > Windows > Temporary Internet Files.

The search tools are available when viewing other folders, but when I view the  Temporary Internet Files folder the search tools disappear.

This is a problem because I cannot see and delete some cookies that I know are in the Temporary Internet Files folder.

Any ideas on how to get back my search tools?

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for choosing Windows 8 and for providing us an opportunity to assist you.

I understand that you are unable to see the search toolbar when you are in temporary internet files. I will try to help you with this.

1)      Have you made any changes prior to the issue?

Step 1: Try to press “Crtl+F” when you are in temporary internet files folder to search the file you are looking for.

Step 2: Try to perform a system file checker (SFC) scan.

System File Checker Tool will try to help you in fixing all the corrupted files and folders in the computer.

a. Type “cmd” on the Start screen.

b. Right-click on it and select “Run as administrator”.

c. Type the following command and press Enter:

sfc /scannow

Refer: Search for files in File Explorer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/search-file-explorer

Indexing and Search: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/search-index-faq

Please post back if you are still experiencing the issue. I will be glad to provide you with the additional options available that you can utilize to get the issue resolved.

Abdul Raqeeb Kola
Former Microsoft Senior Support Engineer/ Sr. Blogger

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 2,555 Applies to: