Question

Q: where can I see all the programs installed on windows 8

Hey can anyone tell me how to see the program files on the computer now that there is no start button in windows 8, so I could create a shortcut to the desktop. This is so frustrating? Why windows didn't have video explaining this is frustration beyond belief!!!

Answer

A:

Hi Robert Copeland,

It seems that you are unable to find the all programs installed on the computer in Windows 8.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will certainly help you with this.

Let’s follow these steps and check if it helps.

a.       Open Search by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen and moving the mouse pointer down), and then tapping or clicking Search.

b.      Type Control Panel in the Search text box, and then select Control Panel from the returned list. 

c.       Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.

d.      You will find the list of installed programs on the computer.

You may press the Windows key + F to find for the installed programs.

Right click on the exe file in program files folder and select "Create a Desktop icon"

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and we appreciate your valuable feedback.

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. It is our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thank you.

K.Z. Sharief Khan
Ex-Microsoft Forum Moderator

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

5 people were helped by this reply

Answer

A:

I agree with you 100% there Byron.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info