SSD Flash Log

Hi Microsoft Forum Team, i have a Samsung laptop, and it comes with a software called SW Update this is a software that update's your other software with ease. My laptop's storage device is HDD, yesterday my SW update prompts me that there is a new update, when i check it the new update is an SSD Firmware update, I didn't update it cause i know that i have and HDD not SSD. Earlier this morning i check my Local Drive C, on my local drive C, I saw a zipped file named "SSDXFlashLog". My question is, how come that this log is created on my Local C? and Is it ok to delete this log?

Thanks in Advance, Microsoft Forum Team :D

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2019 Views 3,662 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that it could a virus.

Try the Methods to diagnose this issue.

Method 1:

I suggest you to perform clean boot and check, using this Microsoft Article because may be a third party application is causing this issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

NOTE: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists. If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” to boot the computer in normal mode.

Method 2:

I would also suggest you to scan your computer with Microsoft Safety Scanner, which would help us to get rid of viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing Antivirus software. Refer to the link to download and run the scanner:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Important: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Generally, the issues related to Windows on standalone personal computers or laptops with the basic queries regarding internet connection, no boot, installation and activation of retail versions and other simpler issue are answered in this forum, while the issues which are complex and need some core troubleshooting or development is handled by MSDN forum. So, I would suggest you to repost your query on MSDN forum and hope you get your issue resolved soon.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh Kumar.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.