Program won't start in Windows 8 - iso file expanded with winrar for setup

System asks if it is OK to make changes to computer upon launch and then nothing happens after hitting yes. 

I had the same program on a windows 7 PC and downloaded the ISO file / expanded it with winrar the same way.  Any way I can make this program run?  It shows a .exe with the proper icon and the rest of the folder looks fine.

Hi,

Is this happening after installing, or is it the actual installer that is not responding?

You probably need to set the compatibility of the installer and\or the Program .exe after installing.

Right click on SETUP or the .exe after installing and select Properties...Compatibility Tab is at the top.

Part way down is a Compatibility Mode check box and a drop down option list.

If it worked on Win 7 select that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Is this happening after installing, or is it the actual installer that is not responding?

You probably need to set the compatibility of the installer and\or the Program .exe after installing.

Right click on SETUP or the .exe after installing and select Properties...Compatibility Tab is at the top.

Part way down is a Compatibility Mode check box and a drop down option list.

If it worked on Win 7 select that.

Software won't even install, but I was able to download the setup files in ISO format...

I tried all available compatibilities but haven't had any luck.  I kept looking on a different thread and here was another one of my posts...

When I try to run the setup file the admin dialogue box appears and asks if it's OK to run but when I hit 'yes' nothing else happens.  Windows 8 told me it wasn't compatible so I tried running it using versions I know it has worked with (windows 7) but I have the same issue - nothing happens when I try to run setup.  I thought the issue might have stemmed from using winrar to extract the ISO file so I downloaded Virtual CloneDrive to extract my download but I am having the same issue.

The program is MATLAB - my school has a license for it but they don't have a windows 8 version yet.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 989 Applies to: