Metro UI Tabs in Windows 8 Pro x64 bit Load then Close almost Immediately.

Hi All,

I am using Windows 8 Pro x 64 bit and it has been giving me consistent errors/problems. This time my Metro UI tabs close immediately after displaying the loading screen. Can anyone help me regarding this? Also I am using Kasper Pure 2.0, a lot of people suggested that it might be preventing Windows from opening Metro Tabs, I tried fiddling with its settings but didn't make any difference.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 518 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Community!

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with metro UI tabs on Windows 8.

To guide you in the right direction, I need a few more information from the computer that has the issue. Please help me answer the following questions:

1.      Was it an upgrade installation or custom installation of Windows 8?

2.      What is the complete error message?

3.      Are you referring to apps installed on the computer?

4.      Did you try disabling Kasper Pure 2.0?

5.      Were there any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?

I will certainly help you out with this issue.

Let’s try these methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to test the issue in Safe Mode.

a. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

b. Under PC settings, tap or click General.

c. Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.

d. On the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.

e. Tap or click Startup Settings.

f. Tap or click Restart.

g. On the Startup Settings screen, choose the startup setting you want (Enable Safe mode).

h. Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.

For more information on how to boot the computer into safe mode, refer to the following article.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. If a problem doesn't reappear when you start in safe mode then place the computer in clean boot and check.

Step 1: Clean boot

If the error doesn’t appear in Safe mode, then put the computer into clean boot state and then try to eliminate the error.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Please note: After the troubleshooting, make sure to boot your computer to normal mode by following the step 3.

Method 2: Run System file checker scan.

Run a system file checker scan and check if that helps. Refer the following steps to run SFC scan.

a) Move the mouse pointer to bottom left of the screen where you see preview of start menu and Right-click to bring up a list of Windows settings.

b) Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt. Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts for permission.

c) In the command prompt type in the following command: ‘sfc /scannow’.

Method 3: Disable Kasper Pure 2.0 and check.

Warning: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you should not disable your antivirus software. If you do have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network during the time your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue persists or you have further questions on Windows, please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

K.Z. Sharief Khan
Ex-Microsoft Forum Moderator

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thankyou for your quick response. I didn't try out all your solutions becuase disabling Kasper Pure 2.0 fixed my problem and the Metro UI tabs open without a glitch. The only problem is that whenever I enable Kasper Pure 2.0 the problem persists. 
minseeper92

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for your response and keeping us updated.

It appears that disabling Kasper Pure 2.0 fixed the issue. Based on the situation, I would suggest you to contact the Kasper Pure 2.0 manufacturer for better assistance and update the latest virus and spyware definitions.

If you have further questions on Windows, please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be glad to help you.

K.Z. Sharief Khan
Ex-Microsoft Forum Moderator

Sorry this didn't help.