Kindle app book storage limitation on Windows 8

I have installed the kindle app on Windows 8.  The app tells me I have run out of storage after 13 or 14 books are downloaded.  The Kindle folks tell me that this is a limitation of the app that is dictated by Windows 8.  I do not have this limitation on the Mac OS or on the Ipad.  Can Microsoft allow unlimited storage fo kindle books?
|

Someone at Amazon is telling you an untruth. I have 42 books in my library, all downloaded successfully to my PC.  I would suggest you contact them back and have them clarify their statement and give you documentation or proof of their claim.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 18:16:07 +0000, Marvinrvp wrote:

I have installed the kindle app on Windows 8.  The app tells me I have run out of storage after 13 or 14 books are downloaded.  The Kindle folks tell me that this is a limitation of the app that is dictated by Windows 8. 

I don't know why, but the information you've gotten is completely
wrong.

I do not have this limitation on the Mac OS or on the Ipad.  Can Microsoft allow unlimited storage fo kindle books?

They do!

Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP

Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP since October 2003

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So do you have any idea where the problem is and how to solve?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 14:39:49 +0000, Marvinrvp wrote:

So do you have any idea where the problem is and how to solve?

No. If I did I would have posted it in my previous message. But, as I
said, it's not a Windows 8 limitation. I have no such problem with
Kindle under Windows 8 here.

Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP

Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP since October 2003

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have found the same limitation in Windows 8, i.e., the Kindle App will respond I must delete a book to free up room so I can download another.  Also, how does one 'sync' to show the new downloaded book. 

I bought two books from Amazon (Kindle) just now (02Feb2013), the first book showed up on my Windows 8 Kindle CLOUD, but I could not download to my Device (I want to read this offline on my laptop, a Lenovo Twist with Windows 8) because of storage limitations (that's what the app said...."not enough room").  The second book does not even show up on the Kindle app on Windows 8, even after rebooting the computer, so I can't even read it from the Cloud :-/

Further, the Kindle App on Windows 8 failed to even allow me to delete a book so I could make more room, it just said to Keep Trying...  what's with that?

AT THE SAME TIME, I had no problems both finding AND downloading BOTH BOOKS to my iPhone 4, so I know this is not Amazon's problem.

This is very frustrating, since I am a medical professional who travels a lot, so have come to rely on Kindle for medical texts instead of lugging heavy books to different cities.

Please investigate this problem instead of simply saying YOU don't have the same problem.  I'm glad for YOU, but that does not mean the problem isn't real for others.  I have a Lenovo Twist with plenty of space on the hard drive.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem - no solution

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem. The Windows 8 app does not store the full book files. There's no way to use these fragments (Unless there is a way to take the fragments and make the book file). I ended up getting the book file from a different device and transferring it to my computer for use in Calibre.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

He`s correct,

From this Thread:-

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums/kindleqna/ref=kindle_help_forum_tft_tp?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1GLDPZMNR1X53&cdThread=TxCSVNEBX1YSPY

"Microsoft has a storage limit for all apps of 250 MB or less depending on the hardware of your system. This include the Kindle for Windows 8 reading app. This limit is imposed by Microsoft and can't be increased. The error you are seeing is from this limit, even if you have more storage available.

To make more space available for other content, you can delete titles you're not currently reading from the app.

All the Kindle content you've bought from Amazon is stored in our Cloud tab of the Kindle for Windows 8 app. You can re-download your content at any time and there are no storage restrictions on content you've bought that is stored in the Cloud. "

(For clarification, he`s talking about the "Metro" style Kindle app, Not the desktop Kindle app).

(I know this is an old thread but this might be useful for anyone with this issue, - the fix is to use the desktop version of the Kindle app and not the metro version).

I don`t know if the issues the same on an Ipad, - I suspect that`s ok.

Sometimes the best you can do is move the turd to another pocket.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 28, 2018 Views 1,995 Applies to: