I can't make the Homegroup Icon show on my desktop in Windows 8, how do I do so?

I am unable to make the Homegroup Icon or the Libaries Icon show up in desktop mode on Windows 8. In all other ways Windows 8 acts as if they are there; they who up when I look at the desktop as a folder, they take up spots on the grid. I am wanting them to show. I would rather they be something I can move, but if not I'd still rather be able to see them then have them hidden.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,585 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Dwayne,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for the post.

It looks that you would like to create Homegroup or Library shortcut icon on the desktop of your computer.

Please provide me the following information.

1) Is the issue is specific to homegroup and libraries?
2) Did you try to create the shortcut on the desktop?
3) What happens when you try to create the shortcut?

If you are referring to create a shortcut on the desktop then please follow the steps given here to create the short cut of Homegroup on your desktop.

a) Press Windows Key and E Key.

b) Drag and Drop the Homegroup icon to the desktop from the left panel.

To create a shortcurt of Library on desktop follow the steps here.

a) Press Windows Key and E Key.

b) Right click on the Library folder present on the left hand panel and select Copy oprion.

c) Go to desktop and paste it here.

If you are not referring to this issue then I would suggest you to please go ahead and send us a screen shot of the error message if you get . You can refer the following link to send the screenshot.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/how-do-i-post-a-screen-shot-on-this-forum/c86de820-c620-401c-a804-9f6337cd3053

I hope this resolves your issue, write to us if you have any other issue related to Windows.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.