Folder Access Denied message when starting Windows

For the past three days, I have been receiving a Message Box with the heading of Folder Access Denied when starting Windows 8 Professional 64 bit.

It say that "You'll have to have administrator permission to delete this folder"

ASUS DESKTOP

Date Created 11/19/2012 6:42 PM.

Three buttons appear below, Continue, Skip & Cancel. Clicking on Cancel closed the box.

Note - ASUS DESKTOP is my computer name on the network.

How can I find out what is causing the message box to appear, and how can I stop it?

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 97 Applies to:

Hi,

I understand that you are facing an issue while trying to delete a folder in your computer.

1. Have you made any recent changes to the computer?

Access denied error at startup is sometimes caused by virus. So I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

For any issues related with Windows, feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Method 1:

I suggest you to place the computer in clean boot and check for any software conflicts. You can perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

You may follow the article mentioned to perform a clean boot.

Perform a Clean Boot

Follow the instructions (Step 1 for Windows 8) given in this link to perform a clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow these steps to return the computer to Normal startup mode.

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.
b) In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.
c) On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click ok.
d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

Method 2:

Please perform Microsoft Safety Scanner to scan your computer for infections.

To download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner, follow these steps:

a)      Go to the Microsoft Safety Scanner site at: Microsoft Safety Scanner

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

b)      Click Download Now.

c)      If prompted, click Run. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the Microsoft

Safety Scanner. When prompted, add a shortcut to the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your desktop.

d)      From your desktop, double click the Microsoft Safety Scanner icon. When the Microsoft Safety Scanner program launches, click Scan Type, then click Full Scan, then click Next.

e)      After the scan is complete, remove all detected malware entries

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Tried the clean boot - the message box still appears.

Downloaded and ran the MS Safety Scan. Now problems were detected.

Note: Before receiving these suggestions, I had already run a full scan using Norton 360, and another scan using Malware Bytes. The only problems detected were a few Trojans, and some Tracking Cookies. All were removed, but the problem persists.

Question: Should this message box generate an entry in the Event Viewer? I look, but do not see one.

ACER laptop Intel I7, 16GB RAM, 1GB Samsung SSD 256 SSD Windows 10 . Lumia 640 WP 10

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.