Windows 8 mail app : unable to send email from other accounts

I have three mails attached with my outlook.com mail.
My main address is - *** Email address is removed for privacy *** , and my gmail account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is also added in outlook.com
I can send mail from my gmail account in outlook.com too. when I connected outlook.com mail to my windows 8 mail app but although all things are working fine but im unable to send mail selecting my other accounts (gmail and other). There is no option to select those mails like in outlook.com

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,161 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Shan,

Are you logged in as then administrator?

You may run a complete scan using the Microsoft Security Essential and check for any infections. Important: There is a chance of data loss if any files are infected and may have to be deleted in the cleanup process.

You may also run the System File Checker (SFC) scan. This will repair any corrupt Windows files. Follow these steps:

a)        Boot to the desktop view.

b)       Open command prompt, right click in the left corner when the Start windowappear and select command prompt (admin).

c)        Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

You may also refer the steps from the article and check if it helps.

Hope this helps and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri
Forum Moderator

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.