Windows 8 Mail App crashes with a particular email

I have two specific email messages that causes the Windows 8 Mail App to crash. There is no error message but the app closes and I am taken back to the start screen. When this email message was at the top of my inbox, the Mail App would crash every time I started it. Other emails do not cause this problem.  (The message contains HTML and a PDF attachment).

I tried running the Modern Apps troubleshooter and repairing/reinstalling the Mail App. However, if I click on this email message, it still causes the Mail App to close and return to the Start screen.  Then, every time I try to re-open Mail from the start screen, it will "flash" showing that the problematic email is selected, then close and return to the Start screen.

The only "fix" I have found is to "Search" Mail (from the right hand panel of the start screen) for anything.  Mail will then open WITHOUT the problematic email being selected, and I can resume use of the program.

I have reviewed other answers to this problem and have tried the solutions of using the troubleshooter, and repair/reinstall, to no avail.

Question Info

Last updated September 2, 2018 Views 548 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

You may want to contact the answer desk, they may resolve your problem. Here is the link: http://answerdesk.microsoftstore.com/AnswerTech

I will also try and let you know of the result.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.