windows 8 how to attach picturesetc. to e-mail

I am presently stuck with windows 8, that came with my new computer, until recently I was working with windows XP and I am

now totally confused with all these supposed easy ways to do things. I have a hard time scanning and mailing documents via HP scanned 

furthermore what I did not find out how to attach pictures etc. to my e-mail.

Any help is highly appreciated. I am a 77 year old man who has a hard time accepting these changes !

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 447 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I am presently stuck with windows 8, that came with my new computer, until recently I was working with windows XP and I am

now totally confused with all these supposed easy ways to do things. I have a hard time scanning and mailing documents via HP scanned 

furthermore what I did not find out how to attach pictures etc. to my e-mail.

Any help is highly appreciated. I am a 77 year old man who has a hard time accepting these changes !

Hi

Coming directly from XP to 8, you would probably be more comfortable using a Desktop email program.

You can install the Live Email which is the replacement for the Outlook Express email program.

See this recent thread for the steps to move your email.

Where can I find an email program:

http://answers.microsoft.com/message/2d2a755e-37d1-4e7b-bb75-137c940244cf?threadId=ad3acf8f-0044-4a35-8b09-9d1eb557043c

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.