Why can't I connect via a 123-reg personal domain account to various other email accounts from my ipad and iphone?

Everything works perfectly well on my new computer using WIndows 8 and Microsoft OUTLOOK.
But when using iphone or ipad my private 123-reg domain TO SEND, I get a message telling me that I cannot connect: Cannot connect Mail - The user name or password for "SMTP: (email address)@smtp.123-reg.co.uk" is incorrect.
Password and configuration are correct on ALL devices.

|

Err iPad and iPhone are APPLE devices not Microsoft.

Contact APPLE support.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Everything was OK before I changed my computer and use Microsoft Windows 8.
Now I  get messages from Microsoft to my problematic personal domain address testing the connection.  WHY?
Before this change, ALL devices worked including my two Apple products with sending and receiving emails by usign ALL addresses.
I'm not sure its an Apple probelm but will contact them in support.
I think its more a problem with Microsoft Windows 8 because thats all that's changed.
Its only sending from the two Apple products that's now the problem.  Receiving is OK.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Anthony

My name is James and I work for 123-reg.

I can see that you are having issues with sending emails from you apple devices. Please make sure that the settings for the outgoing mail server are matching the below details:

Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.123-reg.co.uk

Username: This should be your email address i.e *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Password: This should be your password for this email address.

If you are still unable to send email from your devices, please email me at *** Email address is removed for privacy *** with a support ticket reference number, domain or username and I will have this looked into.

Kind Regards

James

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 11, 2021 Views 588 Applies to: