Why aren't links active in Windows 8 Mail program ?

I have been using Windows 8 for about two months now and I will admit it is a little buggy but no bother that's why people like me show up at forums to help out and let everyone know something is not working right ! So any way when I receive email from anyone with links in their email ( YouTube ) or whatever I have noticed they are not active and will not open up in IE 10 or any browser. Now this is with the preinstalled Windows 8 Mail program not the browser version of Outlook.com . I suppose it is just called Outlook, but on the Start menu it is listed just as Mail.   Is there some sort of reason for this or is it an oversight on some settings I'm unable to find to make the links active ? Tried searching with no luck and the help feature about the same, no luck.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,326 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community, the best place for all your Windows related queries.

From your description, I understand the links you receive in your email using mail app are not active.

Could you answer few questions to understand the issue well.

1.       Do you face the same issue in all the mail accounts that you have configured in mail app?

2.       Is Internet Explorer your default browser?

I would like to inform you that this is not a bug. You should be able to access the links through mail app.

So I would suggest you to delete the account and resynchronize it in mail app and check.

Reference:

Mail app support:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/14168.troubleshooting-the-modern-mail-app-on-windows-8.aspx#Modern_Mail_Application_Requires_ActiveSync_or_IMAP

Hope it helps. For any Windows related queries you are always welcome to our community.

Regards,
Tadasha Mishra

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.