Unable to create folders ,signature ,rules or any other user options in(windows 8) Hotmail or Outlook/live.

Unable to create folders ,signature ,rules or any other user options in(windows 8) Hotmail or Outlook/live.  To create new folders and rules I am having to access via a browser on my old windows 7 and XP machines. Neither can I directly access the Hotmail calender from within the Mail App. The only options that are shown are when I right click an e-mail and they are; "pin to start-move -mark as unread or, synch" on the bottom bar. The top screen   shows only "move,reply or delete". I can't find contacts but I know they are here.  Win key + i takes me to PC settings and personalisation and other ultimately non relevant areas. 
To make it clear I cannot mark mail in any way, I cannot set any rules, I cannot create new folders, I cannot create signatures. ,However these options  seem to be  visible and obvious from machines running windows 7 and XP. Does anyone know where these are hidden on win 8?
Answer
Answer
 Hi Pete,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

From your issue description, I understand that you are Unable to create folders, signature, rules or any other user options in Windows 8.

I suggest you to open the hotmail or outlook or live account in the browser using Internet Explorer and then try to create folders, signature and rules after doing the log off from the account and now log in to mail app and check if you can see the changes you made earlier. The mail app has fewer options because it’s synced and it’s the way they have designed the mail app.

To find contacts you can use people app where you have add the contacts or sync the live account, It will automatically add the contacts to people app.

Refer to this link for furthur information.

People app for Windows: Frequently asked questions.

Hope the above information helps.

Do get back to us in case you need further assistance regarding Windows. We will be glad to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 470 Applies to: