there's a problem sending messages from ... right now. Check with your provider for more info

There's a problem sending messages from <email address> right now. Check with your provider for more info.

This error message is repeated on ALL emails that have any attachment larger than 2.8MB while trying to use the Windows 8 Mail App!

The same error occurs when trying to send from two different email addresses (att.net and gmail.com).

However, the SAME messages are sent fine from other web sites on this Windows 8 PC. The only common element seems to be the Windows 8 Mail App.

Microsoft referred me to Lenovo tec support. Lenovo said they have to charge me $89 to help with software issues.

This is robbery for a simple task on a new high priced Windows 8 Lenovo Twist!

I've tried all avenues of support including ATT (the web provider and email service), new BIOS upgrades, reinstalling the email app, re-registering app, etc, etc.

No one seems to know why Win 8 app fails to deliver the mail. 

HELP!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There's a problem sending messages from <email address> right now. Check with your provider for more info.

This error message is repeated on ALL emails that have any attachment larger than 2.8MB while trying to use the Windows 8 Mail App!

The same error occurs when trying to send from two different email addresses (att.net and gmail.com).

However, the SAME messages are sent fine from other web sites on this Windows 8 PC. The only common element seems to be the Windows 8 Mail App.

Microsoft referred me to Lenovo tec support. Lenovo said they have to charge me $89 to help with software issues.

This is robbery for a simple task on a new high priced Windows 8 Lenovo Twist!

I've tried all avenues of support including ATT (the web provider and email service), new BIOS upgrades, reinstalling the email app, re-registering app, etc, etc.

No one seems to know why Win 8 app fails to deliver the mail. 

HELP!

Windows RT or actually Windows 8 Standard or Pro?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_rt-ecoms/what-is-the-size-limit-of-an-attachment-when-using/b744c5b0-d7b4-4448-994d-ec50e22bdd51?msgId=b7fd2ab0-53d7-4a46-8501-4c46dba951f2

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-ecoms/windows-8-mail-cant-send-email-with-multiple/e881b85b-f55f-45c0-af5d-61c635b4cb50

It's not an answer - but it seems to be the normal response.

Technically - the Windows Mail App is just a client.  While it is feasibly possible for one to build in an attachment size limit in a mail app/client - I don't think the Windows Mail App has such a thing (someone will correct me if I am incorrect.)

I just haven't found the built in app all that useful - much like the iOS mail app on the iPad - I use it - but if I have to do real work, I use a real email client and/or the web page for whatever email service provider I am using.  That's just an aside, BTW.

.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This is standard Windows 8 with standard windows 8 email app.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the other things mentioned in the "trouble shooter" suggestions (as I had mentioned in my question.)  This is NOT a multiple attachment issue in my case.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Daniel,

Do you have a different user account on this PC? If yes, have you checked if the Mail app works correctly in the other user account.

If you do not have another user account, I would suggest you to create a new user account and check. Here is the link which says how to do so.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/create-user-account

Also, run the Microsoft Account troubleshooter:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/13976.how-to-troubleshoot-microsoft-account-issues.aspx

Let us know the results.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am finding I have the same problem.  What's wrong now? 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am a Windows 8 user with a problem similar to this. There was no issue of file size; I just wanted to send two sentences.

I was suddenly unable to send email this afternoon from my linked gmail account, although I am still able to receive email. I've removed and re-added the account. I've double-checked permissions and settings with Gmail. I've done the IT thing, and turned my computer off and back on. I've uninstalled and re-installed the app. I ran the troubleshooter executable from Microsoft, with no root causes found. I've thoroughly read big chunks of the Google forums and help documentation. Any advice?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem today too. I have had my Surface since Christmas and have never had this issue. The email just sent fine from Gmail in the browser from my iPad, so it must be a Windows 8/Outlook thing. I didn't try all the things you did yet. Hopefully someone will reply to this with some useful info for both of us.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Update: 8 hours later, this issue has been resolved. I did not do anything further to solve it. Weird...

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ran the troubleshooter but it didn't help.

The problem is erratic, unpredictable, and frustrating.

Maybe it's time for a updated app design!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's a real pain about this limit and it being on windows 8 , as I have no probs sending via a mobile, when I have a decent 4G/wifi/network connection. Bring back XP ...?!!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Except there is no such limit in Windows 8/8.1...
.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2024 Views 5,296 Applies to: