Missing some emails in windows 8 and windows phone 8 mail app

Hi All,

The majority of my emails are syncing well however some emails that are appearing correctly in outlook.com are not appearing in win 8 or win phone 8 mail app. The mail app is configured to sync 1 month history, the missing emails are only 2 days old. I have plenty of other emails working no problem, as mentioned some emails just don't come across. I hae tried the following already:

- removed my account and set back up again on both devices - no change

- installed all available store updates and windows updates - no change

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,523 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced.

Here are a few methods which you can follow to resolve the issue on the Windows 8 computer:

Method 1:

Refer to the link and run the Apps troubleshooter and follow other steps given in the article:

What to do if you have problems with an app

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Method 2:

If the Mail App fails to retrieve the mail automatically, follow these steps and check:

a) Open the Mail App from the Start Screen.

b) Press “Windows Logo”+ “C” keys on the keyboard to display the charms bar.

c) Now, click on “Settings” and then on “Accounts”.

d) Click on the Yahoo account that you have added to the Mail App.

e) Select “Email” under the section “Content to Sync”.

f) You may also change the settings for the options: “Download New email” and “Download email from” as according to your wish.

Also refer the section Why aren't I seeing messages I expect to see? from the link for more information:

Mail app for Windows: FAQs

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/mail-app-faq

For issue with Windows phone 8, I would ask you to post the query in the Windows phone forum for better assistance:

Refer:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8?tab=QnA

Hope this helps. If you have any further queries/issues related to Windows, write to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi All,

The majority of my emails are syncing well however some emails that are appearing correctly in outlook.com are not appearing in win 8 or win phone 8 mail app. The mail app is configured to sync 1 month history, the missing emails are only 2 days old. I have plenty of other emails working no problem, as mentioned some emails just don't come across. I hae tried the following already:

- removed my account and set back up again on both devices - no change

- installed all available store updates and windows updates - no change

Any ideas?

Cheers.

I am experiencing the exact issue. My missing emails are recent and are to my primary Hotmail address.

Did you find a solution?

Rob.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced.

Here are a few methods which you can follow to resolve the issue on the Windows 8 computer:

Method 1:

Refer to the link and run the Apps troubleshooter and follow other steps given in the article:

What to do if you have problems with an app

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Method 2:

If the Mail App fails to retrieve the mail automatically, follow these steps and check:

a) Open the Mail App from the Start Screen.

b) Press “Windows Logo”+ “C” keys on the keyboard to display the charms bar.

c) Now, click on “Settings” and then on “Accounts”.

d) Click on the Yahoo account that you have added to the Mail App.

e) Select “Email” under the section “Content to Sync”.

f) You may also change the settings for the options: “Download New email” and “Download email from” as according to your wish.

Also refer the section Why aren't I seeing messages I expect to see? from the link for more information:

Mail app for Windows: FAQs

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/mail-app-faq

For issue with Windows phone 8, I would ask you to post the query in the Windows phone forum for better assistance:

Refer:

Hope this helps. If you have any further queries/issues related to Windows, write to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

None of these led to a fix (the one for Yahoo seemed odd, since the issue is with Outlook.com (Windows Live Account).

I am concerned, since I am dependent on my phone and the Windows Mail app for notifications of email, if certain emails do not come through (are sitting in Outlook.com Inbox but don't sync to Windows 8 Phone or Windows Mail app), they are completely missed. 

In the past, if I wanted to 'reset' my email database on the phone or Windows Mail app, I simply changed the length of time to maintain the emails (change from one month to two weeks) and it would re-sync from scratch and all would be good.  However, it did not work in this case for either mail app.

In this case, the missing emails (so far only two and from the same person) are to my Hotmail.com address, which in theory should have the 'best' possible chance of working.  There is nothing unusual with the emails. 

Please help with this ... I want to trust MS mail apps to sync correctly with Outlook.com.

Thanks.

Rob.

Sorry this didn't help.

It happened again today.

Please help with this issue.

Thanks.

Rob.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is anybody monitoring this thread??

I had it happen again today on two emails.  The rest sync normally.

Please HELP with this.  I do not understand why only certain emails are not syncing.  Comes into the Inbox of Outlook.com fine, but will not sync to the Windows 8 mail app or the my Nokia 928 Windows Phone 8 app.

Rob.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rob,

I would ask you to remove and add the e-mail accounts again to the mail app and check if it helps.

Steps:

a. Open the Mail App.

b. Display the Charm Bar by pressing Windows key + C

c. Choose the Settings Link. This will display the Mail App Settings.

d. On the Settings bar at the top choose Accounts.

e. To remove an account select the account to open it and click the Remove account button at the bottom of the panel.

f. To add an account select the Add an account link.

Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for responding.

The account that is having the issue is my Hotmail / Microsoft Account, so I cannot remove it.

To highlight what is actually happening, it appears that I have issues only from certain individuals and only on the first email of a conversation.  If I reply and they reply, the reply from them syncs.

The emails that are not syncing are coming from exchange server with some graphics associated with there custom signature (logos, etc.) that when coming in the first time do not display (have x's or handled as attachments), that when I reply and they reply, the signature prints normally showing the logo etc where it belongs.

In the past, if I have had a problem with my Windows 8 mail or my Windows 8 phone mail, I have changed the number of weeks that I want to maintain the mail.  This forces the rebuild of the data and any problems with being sync are corrected.  This fix does not work for these emails.

Since the syncing issue is happening on all of my devices (Windows Phone 8, Surface RT and Windows 8 Mail) I would assume the issue is with Outlook.com and how is attempting to sync the emails.

I get a fair amount of email on a daily basis and it only these emails from 2 or 3 individuals that are not syncing.  This issue for me is that they are from a business client that is very significant in size and requirements.  Missing these emails is a real important issue.

If it would help, I can send you copies of the emails that would not sync.

Thanks again for your help!

Rob.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rob,

If you're having problems with your Microsoft account, you can try running the Microsoft Accounts Troubleshooter. It's an automated tool that can find and automatically fix some problems. It's only available in English, but will work in all languages.

Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

I did run the troubleshooter app, just in case.

However, the same issue resides on my Windows 8 Phone. 

Would it help if I gave you copies of the emails that are not syncing.  There are two contacts that will ALWAYS fail to sync when they send me an new email.  Both are from the same company and are sent by their Exchange Server.

I really need to solve this and I am willing to work with anyone willing to research the issue.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I would ask you to refer to the Microsoft KB article and follow the steps given and check if it helps.

How to configure an Exchange account and how to troubleshoot Exchange account connectivity issues in the Mail app in Windows 8 and Windows RT

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2784275/en-us

Refer:

Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.