Mail app on start screen will not sync

Had to reinstall windows 8 now my yahoo mail account will not sync. Tried to update app still keep getting will not sync. I can go on line and connect to yahoo mail and works fine. But from app on start screen no luck!

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 707 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums. We’re here to assist you with all your Windows related issues.

It seems that your Yahoo Mail account does not sync with the Mail App after you had to reinstall Windows 8. I would like to have some information regarding this issue.

1.       Are you able to sync your other email accounts, like Gmail Account with the Mail App?

2.       Are you facing this issue while adding the Yahoo Account to the Mail App or is it when you try to sync the emails with the Mail App after adding the Yahoo Account?

3.       Did you get any error message from the Mail App while trying to sync the Yahoo Account?

In order to resolve this issue, I would suggest you to perform the given methods and check if that help.

Method 1: Run the Apps Troubleshooter

Let’s first run the Apps Troubleshooter and check if that helps. The Apps Troubleshooter is an automated tool which we have developed to address a number of known issues that can prevent the Apps from running properly. This troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues, including suboptimal screen resolution, incorrect security or account settings etc. You can click on this link to download and run the Apps troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Now check if you are able to sync your Yahoo account with the Mail App. If the yahoo account is already added and if you are facing this issue while syncing the email with the Mail App, then try these methods and check if that helps.

Method 2: The Mail App fails to retrieve the mail automatically.

a)       Open the Mail App from the Start Screen.

b)       Press “Windows Logo” + “C” keys on the keyboard to display the charms bar.

c)       Now, click on “Settings” and then on “Accounts”.

d)       Click on the Yahoo account that you have added to the Mail App.

e)       Select “Email” under the section “Content to Sync”.

f)        You may also change the settings for the options: “Download New email” and “Download email from” as according to your wish.

Method 3: What to do if you have problems with an app

If the above method did not help, then try syncing the App license by following the instructions given in the given link. I would suggest you to click on this link and refer the article: “What to do if you have problems with an app” and follow the instructions given in it to Sync the App License and then check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Check if the issue is resolved. If you still face this issue, then please feel free to get back to us for further assistance.

Regards,
Rajesh Govind - Microsoft Support Engineer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried to run the Apps trouble shooter first as recommended. This did not work so I tried step 2 after I did this I was able to get my email to sinc. I found that the password was not entered in the password box. I also noticed that I have my account in the app twice. I deleted one of the accounts and have the same problem. So I added it again and one of the accounts work. So I am leaving it as long as I can have one of the accounts sinc I am happy.

Thank you for the help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.