Mail App directing to Hotmail Acct not Outlook Acct

My Windows 8 Mail tile takes me to Hotmail Acct not Outlook Acct

I am using desktop notebook with windows 8.

I use Outlook 2010 as my mail, calendar and contacts. I then purchased a windows phone and synched my contacts and calendar using Hotmail address/live account and Hotmail connector.

Since then I upgraded Hotmail acct to outlook.com (didn't change my address) and sometimes send mail through my phone and notebook using my Hotmail address.

If I am in my windows 8  screen (not desktop) and I select my Mail app I get a screen that shows my inbox,

on the top  left hand side of the screen it shows as HOTMAIL with three option on right hand side New ,respond, Bin. 13 messages including Hotmail address mail and  calendar show with no second page available. I have since worked out how to change the number of days I get mail so number of mails is not an issue.

If I log in to Hotmail or live acct via IE I go to a screen that says OUTLOOK on the top LHS of screen with further options under the email file folders with  more option on right of screen

To me appears as if I am directed to a Hotmail account from the Mail tile on my screen and not to my Outlook.com account. 

Answer
Answer
The mail app is very barebones at the moment, but it is supposed to work with many different mail systems at the same time, so some feature consistency (being generic and not specific to any particular email service) is probably a good thing. All in all, we've got choices to use whatever apps, websites or desktop programs we want, so if something is limited to you, go for something else.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 138 Applies to: