iCloud account in Mail and Calendar app in Windows 8

Hi there!

Just wondering..
Is it possible to connect my iCloud account to the Mail and the Calendar app in Windows 8?

Thank you!

Question Info

Last updated November 3, 2018 Views 40,294 Applies to:
Answer

Followed instruction and still doesn't work.  Wanted to try TLS with outgoing SMTP server but TLS option is not available.  (I experienced similar issue with my Android phone email app, I have to use TLS to get iCloud mail to work.  But, TLS option is not available on Windows 8 Mail app.)

I had the same Problem, but I have just fixed it:

At first, I think you don't need the iCloud-Control Panel. Just enter the Apple-Server informations like described here in Settings-->Account  of your mail-app: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4864

After that, your Mail-Inbox should already work! But in my Situation I was not able to send any mails from my Apple-Mail Account. To solve this Problem I have played around with the checkboxes concerning the Athentification-Settings:

The first box after the outgoing Mail-Server-Adress called somehow like "Server requires SSL" must be unchecked(!)

The second box called somehow like "Server requires athentification" you have to check(!)

After this your Apple-Account should work in the Mail-App of Windows 8!

Good Luck! ;)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.