Question

Q: iCloud account in Mail and Calendar app in Windows 8

Hi there!

Just wondering..
Is it possible to connect my iCloud account to the Mail and the Calendar app in Windows 8?

Thank you!

Answer

A:

Followed instruction and still doesn't work.  Wanted to try TLS with outgoing SMTP server but TLS option is not available.  (I experienced similar issue with my Android phone email app, I have to use TLS to get iCloud mail to work.  But, TLS option is not available on Windows 8 Mail app.)

I had the same Problem, but I have just fixed it:

At first, I think you don't need the iCloud-Control Panel. Just enter the Apple-Server informations like described here in Settings-->Account  of your mail-app: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4864

After that, your Mail-Inbox should already work! But in my Situation I was not able to send any mails from my Apple-Mail Account. To solve this Problem I have played around with the checkboxes concerning the Athentification-Settings:

The first box after the outgoing Mail-Server-Adress called somehow like "Server requires SSL" must be unchecked(!)

The second box called somehow like "Server requires athentification" you have to check(!)

After this your Apple-Account should work in the Mail-App of Windows 8!

Good Luck! ;)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 40,029 Last updated: June 13, 2018 Applies to: