I synced my account in my windows 8, where can I find my contacts?

I have gone into the people charm on my start page, there is a list of all my contacts both mail and Facebook.  I have added and edited them there but when I go to send an email and want to include them I have to physically type the new ones in.  Please tell me how to sync or get directly into my gmail contacts.  Thank you
I have gone into the people charm on my start page, there is a list of all my contacts both mail and Facebook.  I have added and edited them there but when I go to send an email and want to include them I have to physically type the new ones in.  Please tell me how to sync or get directly into my gmail contacts.  Thank you

Hi

If you are using the default Email app that is built into Windows 8.

Click the New Icon to open a new email.

On the left side click on the word "To".

This will open the People App where you can select the recipients email address and click the Add button on the bottom toolbar.

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I did that the the weird thing is that only three letters of the alphabet show up where I can click on the contacts.  I must be dense or something, I am just not understanding how to sync all the contacts I had in my old gmail account in Windows 7 to 8.  I have noticed that if I open my mail from my desktop and not the start menu the contacts are there.  I guess I just need to use gmail from my desktop and not the charm on the start menu.
Phyllis Olley

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 92 Applies to: