I have 3 email programs but when I start windows 8 and go to mail half the time it only shows one mail go back a few hours later and the other two show up

I will start the mail program in windows 8 and half the time it only shows one email program It usually shows msn and not gmail or msn which I have as email programs a couple of hours later when I go back to windows 8 it will show all three.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft Community!

After going through your post, it appears that you have an issue with mail app performance. However, in order to guide you in the right direction; I will need some more information. Please help me by answering the questions mentioned below.

1. Do you face any issue with other app performance?

2. Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

In-order to fix the mail app performance issue, you can try these methods.

Method 1:

Download and run the Modern UI App troubleshooter and check.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Method 2:

I would suggest you to perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

a.      Press “Windows Key + Q” button from the keyboard.

b.      Type “Command Prompt” without quotes in the search box.

c.       On the left pane, right click on the “Command Prompt” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d.      Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit enter (There should be space between sfc and /).

Note: It may ask for windows installation DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files.

Method 3

Remove and re-add the email accounts.

Mail app for Windows: Frequently asked questions.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/mail-app-faq

Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need any assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 39 Applies to: