How do I get program icons to appear on windows 8 screen

Hi Thunderlight, you helped me with my last request and I thank you again now I have another question which you might be able to help me with.  How do I get program icons to appear on my windows 8 screen?  I had download the start8 when I first got windows 8 so I would have the look of windows 7 until I got use to windows 8.  And some of my icons from windows 7 are on my windows 8 but not all of them.  How do I get them to go on my windows 8 screen as tiles?   I am getting more use to windows 8 now and use it moreso now so would like all my original programs I had with windows 7 on my windows 8 as tiles now.  Thank you and hope you can help.

Question Info

Last updated September 20, 2019 Views 13,894 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Laura,

In theory when you upgrade from a previous version of Windows to Windows 8 - given that your installed applications are kept by the upgrade process, except those are not compatible - you should find all your applications while under Windows 8.

If they don't all appear on your Start screen do the following to pin them there:

• [Win] + C
  • Search
  • Click somewhere at the middle-top of the screen to hide the Charm bar

All installed applications are displayed. They don't necessarily fit on one screen so use the horizontal "lift" at the bottom of the screen move right / left

• Right-click on one application you want to pin to the Start screen
  • Click on Pin to Start at the bottom left of the screen

You're done. A tile representing that application is available on the Start screen.

If there's one application you're sure is installed on your PC and you can't find through the above steps let me know - it will be more complex...

If you install a new application under Windows 8 the corresponding tile is automatically added to your Start screen.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Lz.

Cheers | Lz. (GMT +1)

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.