how do i flag an email with windows mail (windows 8 pro)

I received an email about a flight I booked. I want to flag it so that I can easily find it in the future (ie closer to when I'm flying). I use the default windows 8 mail app that came with the os. I've tried right clicking the email along with looking at all other parts of the screen I can think of, but can't find any way to flag an email. What are my options for flagging? (there's gotta be a better way than "mark as unread" or creating some kind of folder and moving it)

Also, despite the notifications being turned on, the mail app does not give me a pop up notification on the upper right of my screen when I receive a new email. I also find that my phone (through both wifi and a cell network) and the hotmail.com website will notify me about a new email long before the windows 8 mail app does. How do I get rid of this delay?

Question Info

Last updated December 5, 2018 Views 4,766 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I'm sorry, but whose BRILLIANT idea was it to not include the ability to flag a message, especially on an app that supports ActiveSync?  Really?

Come on, Microsoft!  Apple products support flagging, and let's see.... oh yes, Android products support flagging.... am I missing anything.... Oh yes..... WINDOWS

please tell the IDIOT (I don't care if it was Blamer himself) what a monumentally STUPID move it was to not allow you to do something AS BASIC as flagging a message for follow-up.

Or is this some feeble attempt to strong-arm people into Outlook 2013 (which has it's own issues, believe me)?

THESE LITTLE THINGS are why Apple is kicking Microsoft's butt....

BTW... don't even get me started on what a piece of junk Microsoft Sync is in my 2013 ford escape!

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Wow...I don't know if anyone from MS reads this - or will even care.

But, I have been working with my new Surface for 2 weeks now - and just figured the flag feature was somehow hidden.

What a basic function to have missing......I mean overall, the mail client is dismal at best - but not even the flag made it....

Frankly, I am on the verge of just sending this thing back anyway - but this product had some real promise....but once Outlook was missing - and this mail client was what was left  - how disappointing to say the least.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.