Cannot put a bigpond.com pop3 email account on your Windows 8 computer using the Internet Explorer 10

Old Title: Cannot put a bjgpond.com email account onto internet explorer via pop3

I have tried to put my email account onto internet explorer by using a pop3 mail.bigpond.com and am told does not exist, ihave had this email with bigpond since September 2005 and it has worked on different computers using xp, vista and windows 7 without any problems put email account usind pop3 mail without trouble but windows 8 and internet explorer I have trouble nothing seems to work. I told it does not exist, email has been in use until I put windows 8 on my computer.

Question Info

Last updated November 11, 2018 Views 3,866 Applies to:

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums. We are here to assist you with all your Windows related issues and queries.

You have mentioned that you are trying to put your bigpond.com pop3 email account on your Windows 8 computer using the Internet Explorer 10 and you get the error message that it does not exist. I would like to have some information regarding this issue.

1.       What are you referring to by “put my email account onto internet explorer”?

2.       How are you trying to put the bigpond.com account with Internet Explorer?

3.       Are you trying to login to your Bigpond email account from the website “www.bigpond.com” using the Internet Explorer 10 or are you trying to configure the Bigpond email account with the Mail App?

4.       What is the exact and complete error message that you get?

If you are trying to configure the Bigpond POP3 email account with the Windows 8 Mail App, then I am sorry to inform you that you will not be able to add the POP3 account to the Mail App.

The Mail App doesn't support adding email accounts that use POP (Post Office Protocol). It supports only IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) or EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) accounts. If your email account uses POP and you want to get it on your PC, you may refer this link for the available options:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/pop-email-accounts

Hope this information helps you. If this was not what you were looking for, then please reply with all the details about the issue and with the answers to the above questions.

If you need any further assistance or information regarding Windows you may always get back to us. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards,
Rajesh Govind - Microsoft Support Engineer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the information on putting my email onto windows with imap pop3, I have found out that Telstra Bigpond are trying to fix the problem.

I tried to use pop3.live.com and nothing works so will have to wait until Telstra bigpond come up with a solution.

Thanks for the reply as it was helpful, I have other email accounts, the Telstra bigpond is the main one that I like to use.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.