Any fix for Verizon/Outlook and Windows 8?

We have Verizon fios.  We  bought a new computer that had Windows 7 preinstalled it came with an offer to upgrade to Windows 8 for a discounted price.  The Verizon email was being viewed via MS Outlook and all worked fine both in sending and receiving until the upgrade to Windows 8.  Now, when prompting email via Outlook, it tells me that it cannot find the server - this error appears for both trying to send and trying to receive email.  I've looked on line and from what I can see the problem is the Verizon uses POP3 and Windows 8 doesn't work with POP3.  I'm no expert just someone who is very frustrated and about ready to go back to Windows 7.  If anyone has any insight on how to fix this --- you'll save my brain cells and my sanity.  
Answer
Answer

It is true that the inbuilt Mail app in Windows 8 does not support POP3 as yet, however you indicate that you are using Outlook.  Whichever version of Outlook you are using should have no problem with connecting to a POP3 server.  Windows 8 itself neither knows nor cares about mail protocols.  It is entirely up to the mail client software you are using.

Since I know nothing about Verizon (I'm not in North America), I leave it to someone else to suggest proper connection details for your services.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 18, 2018 Views 4,735 Applies to: