I am unable to install Lucida Bright Postscript fonts in Windows 8

When I try to install Lucida Bright Postscript fonts I am asked if I want to replacing existing fonts  a: Yes.  Nothing much happens.  Font does not show in "Fonts" menu ...nor was I able to find anything relating to Lucida Bright prior to install.  These fonts installed fine under VISTA.

Interestingly I was able to install some postscript fonts such as Times Roman (tir) ...and they DO show up in "Fonts".

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 409 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Bill,

Please do reply to these questions for a better understanding of this issue.

1.       In which “Fonts” menu, are you not able to find the “Lucida Bright” fonts, even after installing it?

2.       How did you install “Lucida Bright” fonts in Windows 8?

3.       Did you try restarting the computer after installing/adding the fonts?

If you haven’t restarted the computer, then restart it and then check if it is available in the “Fonts” menu. We’ll also try deleting the existing version of the “Lucida Bright” font file from the “Fonts” folder and then add it again. Try the following steps and check if that helps.

Delete the existing “Lucida Bright” font file from the Fonts folder and then add it again.

a)       Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard to open the “Run” command window.

b)       Type “Fonts” in the “Run” command box and press “Enter” key on the keyboard.

c)       In the “Fonts” folder, search for the “lbrite.ttf“ file and if it is present, then right click on it and choose “Delete”.

d)       If it is not present, then you can close the “Fonts” folder and then re-download the fonts and then install it again.

You may re-download the latest version of Lucida Bright Font from this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/font.aspx?FMID=1100

After installing the font, restart the computer and then check if you are able to find this font in the Fonts menu. If the issue persists, please do get back to us for further assistance. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards,
Rajesh Govind - Microsoft Support Engineer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.