how to change default language from Dutch to English on windows 8 home version?

Hello 
Can someone tell me how to change default language ( on a preinstalled new Dell Laptop, Inspiron 15) from Dutch to English on windows 8 home version? 

Thanks
|

Hi PRao_NL,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.
From the description we understand that you want to change the display language for the computer
We will try to help you with this.

Let us know if you can read the dutch language?

We would like to tell you there is no Home Premium edition on windows 8. We have only two editions : Windows 8 pro and Windows 8 standard.

You can check in system properties and let us know the exact edition of the operating system.
Steps:
From desktop screen, press windows key + pause/break button on keyboard.

Because the entire User Interface is now in dutch, download english language pack by following the link given below:

Let’s visit the following links for further help.

Windows 8 language packs are available
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2607607?wa=wsignin1.0

Hope the above steps help you. For any queries/issues on windows you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a machine with the same problem.  But I cannot even tell what language it is set for,  I just want to get back to US English from what ever it is set in.  Not sure what he did to it before he was fired, so no way to ask him.  It says English, but some is in English and some is in the other language.
I have found several articles, but since I do not read whatever it is running, I cannot follow the directions.
Windows 8 Pro. 
Do have the original disk for the machine to use, but would prefer not to do a full reinstall, because of other software.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello MarkCR59,

I can understand that inconvenience as you are unable to use your computer due to language restrictions.

Try to download and install English language pack if its not there or change the preference if its already installed.

Delete the language which he does not require.

Refer to the article: Language packs are available for Windows 8 and for Windows RT

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2607607/en-us

You may want to use another Windows 8 Pro computer and compare to what you have and then follow the instructions.

You may also try to paste the screenshot if you can to this thread. We will sure try our best to assist you.

How to include a screenshot in your post

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-windows_programs/how-to-include-a-screenshot-in-your-post/2594b08e-32a3-476a-85a6-b021181be7e4

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 28, 2021 Views 12,129 Applies to: