How to activate product key for windows media center?

When I type "add features" it only offer me an option to turn on and off MS Windows shortcuts; when I click on settings it does not give me an option to add features to Windows 8; So far I was not able to get to the stage to "add a product key". And time is running out. Please help or show how I can do by some means, like downloading and activating directly from a web site. The message is below:
This is a reminder that you must activate your free Windows 8 Media Center Pack product key** by January 31, 2013:    xxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xx-xx xxxx-xxxxxxx

Follow these steps to add Windows 8 Media Center Pack to your PC running Windows 8 Pro:
  1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search).
  2. Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
  3. Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.
  4. Then tap or click I already have a product key.
  5. Enter the product key, and then click Next.
  6. Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features
Answer
Answer

Usually Add Features disappears after you have downloaded Media Center.

Go to Control Panel, System and Security, System and click View Details in Windows Activation.

If you see Win 8 pro with Media Center with a key underneath it, your covered.

If not your only option is to Refresh Windows 8 then Add Features will be functional.  Back up your data before you do so.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 19, 2019 Views 640 Applies to: