How do i change the text font color to black in windows 8?

original title: Can;t read text because font is light blue on white.  How do i change font  color to black in windows 8?

can't read text because font color is light blue on white. How do i change font color on Windows 8?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

How do i change font color on Windows 8?

Use reverse video.   E.g. toggle into a High Contrast theme by pressing LeftAlt+LeftShift+PrintScrn

Alternatively, if it is just something specific you could get the same effect by using a Magnifier.   E.g. press Win-+  to activate it (Win-Esc to turn it off).   It has a reverse video option too.

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

High contrast themes are heinous... and the magnifier is a pain to operate and just highlights a small piece of what is on the screen.

All I want to do is have text be higher contrast so I can read it everywhere on the screen, Light gray on white is hard to read unless you're right on top of the screen.. 

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would love to know the answer to this question as well.  I have tried different themes and changing the color, hue, and intensity to no avail.  Where is black text when you need it?  I can't read light blue, etc.

133 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

the magnifier is a pain to operate and just highlights a small piece of what is on the screen. 

You can make the Magnifier whatever size you want, including Fullscreen and use it for just its reverse video effect.  If you have a Microsoft mouse with some spare buttons you can assign Magnify to a button and toggle it on and off.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Found a solution that works for me.  Opened up the Explorer Internet Options, General tab.  Select Colors tab.  Uncheck Microsoft colors box and change text box to black.  Now all text appears black.  Yeah!

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have experimented with this problem and I can change text to black, but then I need to adjust other things as it carries over into sites with black backgrounds and can't be seen. If you use Firefox go to Tools,Options, Content, Colors, and overRide colors specified by me... Click on Always in the Menu atb the bottom showing Never or Only with high contrast colors. Then OK. You may have to tweak this a bit if you have changed other colors or Schemes, but this is where it is done.

I hope this helps someone. I am legally blind and it helped a bit. You can also go to the Advanced tab under Options to override the system fonts and sizes.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thank you greatly.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I raised a series questions like this when Microsoft began to start using  stupid colour schemes.  The fact that font used was so thin it was practically invisible, the use of pastel colours for text on a pastel low contrast backgrounds, plus the fact that we now have very limited ability to customise to our needs.

I am retired so suffer the problem of all people ageing, my vision is not quite a good as it was.  I still have excellent vision but why do I have to strain it to be able to read what is on my screen.  Microsoft are not the only company using these sort of graphics, probably instigated by some designer who seeks to differentiate their work or justify the fee.  The last thing considered is whether anyone can really read it: Hours are spent in Committee on how good does it looks, debating appearance and nil on practicality.  Designs for packaging, that need more than the usual CYMK to print the required design on something that get thrown in the bin, get more consideration regarding communication.  But here we are not discussing a "read only once item" but something to be read by many people of all variations in sight and age, maybe a mild colour blindness as indicated by the Ishihara Colour Test, see link at bottom, because there are more of you than you may think will fail it.

There is also the question of serif or sans (this is sans).  Most publishers and educational books use a serif type, to me it adds definition to letters within words the subtleties seem to make recognition quicker.  OK, in the early days of PC displays a serif typeface was difficult to display correctly, but this is hardly a problem now and instead of being able to pick any of the several hundred in my Fonts file I am stuck with Segui (Note: using bold is nearly as horrible as it is too bold).  I can delve into the registry and use another typeface then have problems with the text not fitting Message Boxes and the like ( OK it happened when we could customise, as with Win XP, but in the main it was not such a problem as with Win 8 and 10)  Have you read the RELATED CONTENT articles.  Anyone with near normal sight tried and managed to cope with the High Contrast schemes, ever thought there should be an intermediate scheme?

I bought a Wacom Pen & Touch because of this problem, I can quickly and easily change magnification or ZOOM to a readable size on my non touch 17 inch laptop screen.  The thing is too costly to buy for just that purpose but I do a lot with Photoshop so I have used Graphics Pads for a long time.

http://unlimitedmemory.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/ishihara38.pdf 

Another gripe, I am English and Ms Answers keeps trying to incorrect my spelling, it is my language and I spell correctly!  Yanks, misspell as you like.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

cant read YELLOW TEXT 

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Robert A.

It would appear that there are few elderly people with the Microsoft Organisation or the matter would be taken more seriously.  There are quite a few threads of this type but none have ever had a satisfactory answer, if any answer at all. 

Windows was once highly customisable but the text options have all gone, as has the setting to use make the system font bold in Windows 10:  It was there and now its gone and I doubt it was a customer request, another sacrifice probably for the Creators Update - creat havoc.

When are Microsoft going to straighten out Windows 10 so we can go to one place for all settings, some were moved in the Creators Update resulting in a lot of swearing while playing hunt the setting.   Get Win 10 right so a non blind (very limited vision) can change setting for fonts and font colours.  Kids find things out regarding Windows and tell theri mates who tell their mates and very soon a thousand or more know the font is not customisable and the getaround it solution.  If I were not disabled, I would go to my local school and ask the first kid I saw what the answer is to a Win10 problem and not waste time with Microsoft Answers.  Do MIcrosoft Techs really not know as much as the teenage about their product.  

The is nothing in the App Store, why not?

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 7, 2021 Views 13,729 Applies to: