How can I change keys functionality on windows 8?

I recently purchased a new machine that came loaded with windows 8, and I want to change the functions of the page up/page down/end keys. They're out of order and it's difficulty for me to remember what is where without looking at the keyboard, which defeats the purpose for me. I'd like to switch them around to a layout that makes sense, but I can't figure out a way to change the functionality of my keyboard. Is there a way built into windows 8 that will allow me to switch these keys? If not, is there a program that works with windows 8 that will allow me to do so?

Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

Nothing built in, but there are some tools that might be able to do it.  One that comes to mine is AutoHotKey, but to be fair I'm not sure if it can just directly reprogram specific keys.  It's a pretty powerful program though, so it's one I'd at least point out to take a look at.

Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet me: @LtCmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Read the .pdf user guide here and see what you think.  It works in Windows 7 so should be OK for Windows 8.

KeyTweak Web Page
http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.