Question

Q: Can't send web page link by email

Windows 8 won't let me send a page link by email. In Vista it was easy, just right click, click on send link by email, and it used my email program, no problem. Not so with Windows 8 and Windows Live Mail. If I right click on the page it brings up a box that has "email with Windows Live", which seems like the right selection, but it just takes me to a login for Microsoft, the same as the one I use to get in these forums. How the **** is that going to get me to my email??? I don't have a login for my email. I use a shortcut on the bottom tray to open it. Talk about non-intuitive. Why can't they just leave things alone? Has no one at Microsoft ever heard the expression "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Answer

A:

Windows 8 won't let me send a page link by email. In Vista it was easy, just right click, click on send link by email, and it used my email program, no problem. Not so with Windows 8 and Windows Live Mail. If I right click on the page it brings up a box that has "email with Windows Live", which seems like the right selection, but it just takes me to a login for Microsoft, the same as the one I use to get in these forums. How the **** is that going to get me to my email??? I don't have a login for my email. I use a shortcut on the bottom tray to open it. Talk about non-intuitive. Why can't they just leave things alone? Has no one at Microsoft ever heard the expression "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi

When you click that Send link by email, you will be directed to the Outlook.com website where you can complete the action to send the link.

Outlook.com is the new interface for all Live products, including Hotmail, and Live Mail.

To log in simply type your email address and password. The Send email window will open and you can enter the recipients email address and send the email.

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 3,072 Last updated: May 11, 2018 Applies to: