Cannot change lock screen Image in Windows 8

I cannot change the lock screen in Windows 8. I do not have the Pro version so I cannot use  the gpedit.msc command. I have the registry key but it will not allow me to delete or modify the (Defualt) value to other users. I have run the scan and there are no issues. Oddly if I restart the computer the image I want appears but if I power it off and then on the defualt image remains. Any suggestions
Answer
Answer

Can you change the lock screen while logged in to the individual user accounts ?  

Seems the default space needle cheap looking lock screen appears when all users are listed at the login... which happens when a user logs off, even if you change the group policy to a universal default lock screen.

Wonder what is the story behind the lock screen ?  Where did it originate from ..  someone's kid draw it ?

~
Microsoft Bob came back after a 20 year makeover, and with a new name. Cortana!

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

I am having the same issue with a newly built PC. Defaults the lock screen after a shutdown but automatically users profile lock screen after restarts. I thought maybe it wasn't registering the user settings until the next screen where you choose user, however the Windows 8 laptop we have doesn't have this issue.

Running windows 8 PRO and tried the gpedit.msc fix but the problem persists.

I guess I'll check back for a solution

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2019 Views 7,610 Applies to: