Are there going to be any 7-inch Windows 8 tablets?

I love the feel of 7-8 inch tablets; I've always found 10 inches to be a bit much, but I've noticed that most of the Windows 8 tabs are 10+, extending to about 13.5 inches, and I wondered if there were going to be any 7-8 inch Windows 8 tabs, may be even running Windows RT? PLease reply if you have any info on this

Thanks,

Harry.

The only people that can really answer your question are the PC manufacturers, MS at this stage, only has the Surface which is a 10.1 in. Personally I have not seen any W8 7 in. being developed, but it is early days & any thing could be produced if the manufacturers feel there is a demand.

Samsung have indicated they may release a 7 in. tablet.

http://www.zdnet.com/samsung-promises-more-android-windows-8-tablet-pcs-in-fourth-quarter-7000006814/

A computer is a device, that requires human input to operate efficiently.
Alas we humans do fail!!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

On Sun, 4 Nov 2012 11:31:06 +0000, BarryBarrison wrote:

I love the feel of 7-8 inch tablets; I've always found 10 inches to be a bit much, but I've noticed that most of the Windows 8 tabs are 10+, extending to about 13.5 inches, and I wondered if there were going to be any 7-8 inch Windows 8 tabs, may be even running Windows RT? PLease reply if you have any info on this

I don't know for sure, but I very much doubt it. Windows 8 Metro apps
need a resolution of 1024 x 768 or greater, and that would make
everything very small on a 7-8" screen.

See
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-8-Metro-Apps-Won-t-Work-on-Screens-with-the-Resolution-Smaller-than-1024-x-768-225686.shtml

Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP

Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP since October 2003

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 144 Applies to: