Windows updates KB2492386, KB2515325, KB2522422, KB982018 screwing screen output

There is a huge bug in latest so-called "recommended" updates - KB2492386, KB2515325, KB2522422, KB982018.
After installing these on HP Pavillion with Windows 7 Professional x64 yesterday, they did huge harm.
After post-update reboot the screen stayed black and didn't turn on. But as the HDD was working (indicated by the control LED) and Windows DID boot up (indicated by the sound from speakers), it looked like the HDD was unharmed, only the screen wont turn on.
So I tried to plug in external monitor, but with no change - monitor screen stayed black. I thought that graphic card was dead, so I tried to save my data.
As it is quite a hard thing to do this without any screen output, I tried something unorthodox - I borrowed my friends computer and switched harddrives.
Of course, I couldn't expect Windows to boot up on notebook with completely different configuration, so I went straight for "Repair Windows" option and copied my important files through command line.
Then I was curious, so I just tried System restore.
After System restore I switched HDD back and... the screen on Pavillion was working again!!!
So I thought that it is not possible, that Windows "update" can do such thing as disabling graphical output (including BIOS pre-boot graphics) and it was just a bad luck.
But those stupid updates installed again today morning.... And after reboot the problem is back.
Can somebody competent from Microsoft address this issue and give a hint as when the fix will be issued (or when those 4 stupid updates will be removed from Windows update system)???
Also I would like to know if I have to do all the HDD switch thing again or if there is a possibly easier way to bring my screen output back.
Answer
Answer

See if the ANSWER post in this recent & related discussion resolves the problem: http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/04fe2c84-5b77-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

=======================================
Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpexecsum

Last Revision - 12 May 2011

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 26, 2018 Views 3,193 Applies to: