windows 7 updates continue to download/install forever (KB2760411, KB2760588)

This afternoon I downloaded and installed Windows updates KB2760411 & KB2760588. Successful, I restarted my desktop (as I do for any installation of software whether it needs it or not) and went to Windows Update, pressed the link "check for new updates" and the same 2 updates popped-up, so I checked my installed updates, and they were successfully installed minutes ago so I downloaded and installed them again, and it read that I was successful in installing that twice......restarted system, pressed windows updates, and guess which 2 updates are ready to install??

So I called Microsoft, and the run-a-round began........I talked to 6 different people at Security, Updates, Viruses; Answer Desk: Windows Activation;   Twice to Office; and to someone else.....each one stating quote/unquote ".....rest assured this will be the final person you will talk to for this problem, but first let me connect you to somebody in the right department....."! After hearing that half a dozen times in less then 2 1/2 hours on the phone, I decided to take things into my own hands........I uninstalled all 2 of the updates and installed the 2 updates again.......guess which 2 updates are again downloaded and ready to install at Windows Update? Microsoft support doesn't understand it. They never gave me any answer and cared little about it. I have seen on search engines and computer communities that this is common.

For anyone that cares I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

........................Jimmy  

Question Info

Last updated December 24, 2017 Views 234 Applies to:

Hi Jimmy,

I can understand the time and efforts you have spent in to fix this issue.

Microsoft is aware of this issue and researching to fix the issue. For more information, refer to the link.

Known issues with this security update

However, you may temporarily hide the update from being re-offered. Refer to the link to hide the updates.

I keep being offered an update from Windows that I don’t want or that I already removed.    

Hope it clarifies your questions. Please do not hesitate to reply if you have any other questions, we will be glad to assist you.

K.Z. Sharief Khan
Ex-Microsoft Forum Moderator

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanx Sharief.........all's well after hiding the updates

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

K.Z. Sharief Khan
Ex-Microsoft Forum Moderator

Sorry this didn't help.