Update KB2667402 fails with 80004005 error

Received 16 updates to install with MS Update on 6/12/12 for HP Laptop with W7 Home Premium.  Downloaded/Installed updates and then rebooted computer.  Reboot hung with 30% completed.  Then eventually gave error message and 'shutting down'.  Computer did not shut down fully. Waited a 1/2 hour then shut PC off manually and restarted.  Got 35% message completed upon restart and then from what I can remember Applying Update component  xxx00002 of 600xxxx.  Then a message: update failed, resetting/backing off.  After logging on, and viewing MS update several updates failed and some succeeded. Repeated installing updates and all successful except KB2667402 which repeatedly fails with 80004005 error.  Tried Mr. Fix-It whcih finds problems, and  "fixes" them but still can't install update.  Tried to see if there is a manual install for update but couldn't find one.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2019 Views 7,520 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
All,

For myself, this issue can be closed.  I did a system restore in W7 (x64b) to a date earlier than the failed updated and re-applied the 16+ updates in small groups (from lowest size to largest).  All were successful, including KB2667402 and the 80004005 error no longer occurs.

Thank you for support.

Jon V.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.