Repeatedly offered KB2467175 (Microsoft Visual C++2005 Service Package 1) Shows successfully installed

I always download and install any and all updates. I constantly check for them, as I want to stay on top of the latest viral definitions for Microsoft Security Essentials. I've run a complete Safety Scan with no results. Why am I still seeing an update for Microsoft Visual C++2005 Service Package 1? (KB2467175) I've already installed it, at least five times, all reportedly successful.

Question Info

Last updated January 1, 2019 Views 8,661 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Please Note: Tested on a PC running Windows Vista 64 bit Version.

I found a solution for this issue and fixed it. I am not sure how far it would work for others. Can give it a try as it wont harm you in anyway.

I tried doing all possible suggestions found on the net but none turned out my way so went on my own way.

First of al the Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package comes in with Windows Updates as 5.6MB of file size which means (to my knowledge) installing both the Versions of this Update that is 32 and 64 bit Versions on a PC running 64 bit version. This particular Update needs both the Versions of it to be installed and not just one particular Version of the Update. The file size for 32 bit would be 2.6MB and for 64 bit is 3.0MB which when combining comes as 5.6MB. You can find the download on the below link and download both the Versions. You would have 64 bit the second and 32 bit as the 3rd on the download page. I first installed the 64 bit Version Update and then went on with the 32 bit and finally succeeded. Please find the link to download the Update manually from Microsoft site

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=fb01abe6-9099-4544-9aec-0ac13f19bc50&displaylang=en

It worked also on win7 ie9.

Cova

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
yes it was helpful thanks by the way

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.