How can i update windows 7 to windows 8?

My friend told that he has updated windows 8 from windows 7...How can i do so on my windows 7 home premium.
|
Answer
Answer
My friend told that he has updated windows 8 from windows 7...How can i do so on my windows 7 home premium.

Windows 8 doesn't exist yet.There is a only a pre-beta test version available. The reason it's a test version instead of a released version is that it still has bugs in it, and Microsoft is looking for test users to inform them of other bugs as they are found.

In my view, unless you have a spare computer to install it on, and enjoy testing of software and reporting of bugs to Microsoft, installing such test software is just looking for trouble.

Yes, you can install the test version, but for almost everyone I strongly advise *against* doing that, and waiting for it to be released. 

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hello Naveen,
Thank you for posting your question to Microsoft Answers. The product you are requesting assistance for is the Windows Developer Preview which is a pre-Beta version of the next release of Windows, code-named “Windows 8”. Please note that this developer preview is not intended for the general public, is not able to be uninstalled, and should not be installed over another version of Windows. If you are a developer or a tech enthusiast who has a question, you may post it in the forum below:

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2020 Views 8,338 Applies to: