i have downlaoded & installed windows 7 utlimate 32- bit on 2 my dell laptops. managed to install windows in both the system, but cnt activate or update windows on one of my systems. getting a error code 0x80072f8f.
tried to find about this errors on microsoft support website, none of the solutions provided helped in getting this issue resolved.
steps that i have already tried.
1. chkd correct local date & time setting in windows as well as in bios
2. added microsoft update websites in trusted sites.
3. downloaded & installed system update readiness tool for windows7 32 bit . log file for system update rediness detects no error.
4.unchecked server certificate revocation & checked use ssl 2.0 option.
5. downloaded current root certificate
6. registered windows.dll
regsvr32 softpub.dll /s
regsvr32 wintrust.dll /s
regsvr32 initpki.dll /s
regsvr32 mssip32.dll /s
7. while trying to synchronize with internet time server
got error " the peer is unresolved & synchronizing couldn't be completed"
8. Removed entries for windows update and microsoft update from host file.
9.removed proxy server entry form winhttp proxy sconfiguration.
can some one pls help me, as i have tried uninstalling & doing a clean install, even it didnt helped. thinking that this issues is coused because of inconsistencies in hdd as i had solaris installed on this system, did a debug & chkdsk on disk, on issues with hdd detected. no matter what all i have tried error msg always remains the same.